Global institutional fund manager IFM Investors has delivered a record set of results for the year ended 30 June 2018.
“The combination of our uniquely aligned ownership model, our like-minded long-term institutional investor clients, and wonderful global team, has delivered excellent returns to our investors and strong growth across the board,” said Mr. Brett Himbury, Chief Executive, IFM Investors.
A summary of these results follow:
- 89% of products and mandates across all four asset classes (infrastructure, debt, listed equities and private equity) meeting or outperforming client objectives on a rolling five-year basis, after fees and taxes;
- 312 institutional investors in 19 countries;
- A$12.9bn of Net Flows for the 12 months globally (excluding Cash);
- Funds Under Management A$107bn, an increase of 15% on the prior year;
- Top decile, independently assessed investor satisfaction;
- Top quartile, independently assessed staff engagement;
- Growth in pre-tax profit margin to 25%, however remaining deliberately and substantially below peers globally given our alignment with investors and the nature of the business model; and
- IFM Investors independently valued at A$869.5m, representing an increase of 20.2% p.a. over five years.
“Our ownership model liberates our global team to focus on investors, which in turn has driven strong outcomes for shareholders and all stakeholders,” Mr Himbury said.
“In a challenging environment with low levels of trust globally, it is wonderful to lead a business that can authentically focus on returns for working people,” he said.
“We now have a strong, resilient global business that is exceptionally resourced to invest further in capabilities and add even more to our investors’ returns. We are proud of these results, yet completely focussed on how we might leverage our privileged position to improve net returns to the tens of millions of working people we serve globally.
“We foresee an environment where investment skill, value for money and alignment will be in greater demand with IFM Investors’ ownership model, culture and team well equipped to support institutional investors and get their fees down and net returns up,” Mr Himbury said.