IFM gains new climate certification to drive down emissions
Industry super fund-owned global institutional asset manager, IFM Investors is now Climate Active certified as we continue to deliver on our commitment to become a net zero organisation.
Climate Active is an Australian Government program that partners with Australian businesses to drive voluntary climate action and strengthen processes to measure, reduce, and offset carbon emissions.
The certification applies to IFM’s global operational emissions and is another demonstration of our commitment to reducing greenhouse gas emissions across our operations.
As part of the Climate Active certification, IFM has developed global operational targets that are focused on direct emissions reduction actions, improved data collection, and engagement with suppliers to encourage and assess their net-zero targets.
These operational targets include:
· Making base building energy efficiency ratings, such as Green Star, and the procurement of renewables part of the selection criteria for future office tenancies
· Requiring contracted suppliers to provide supplier emissions reporting and ensure consideration of emissions reduction targets as part of the supplier selection criteria
· Setting near-term, science-based aligned targets for the Scope 3 emissions category - Purchased Goods and Services - in 2024
· Encouraging staff to undertake more active modes of transport by ensuring IFM offices with more than 50 full-time employees have access to end-of-trip facilities and incorporating end-of-trip facilities as a selection criterion for IFM offices
· Transitioning IFM’s Australian offices to purchasing 100% green electricity by mid-2023.
IFM Investors reports against its responsible business approach in its annual Responsible Business report, you can read the latest report here.
Quotes attributable to Head of Sustainable Investment, Rena Pulido
“These are comprehensive targets that go directly to the standards we set for IFM’s offices, the type of energy they use, and the suppliers we choose.”
“We’re proud to be Climate Active-certified and part of a growing network of businesses and not-for-profit organisations who are taking practical steps to reduce emissions.”
For media queries, please contact:
Australia: Jamila Fontana 0407 251 130 | email@example.com
About IFM Investors
IFM Investors was established more than 25 years ago with the aim to protect and grow the long-term retirement savings of working people. Owned by a group of Australian pension funds, the organisation has A$211 billion under management as at 31 December 2022. Because IFM is owned by industry pension funds, we prioritise the interests of 640 like-minded investors worldwide by focusing on assets that combine excellent long-term risk/reward characteristics with broad economic and social benefits to the community. As a signatory to The United Nations-supported Principles for Responsible Investment, IFM actively engages on ESG issues with the companies in which we invest with the aim of enhancing their net performance while minimising investment risk. Operating globally from offices in Melbourne, Sydney, London, Berlin, Zurich, Amsterdam, New York, Hong Kong, Seoul and Tokyo, IFM manages investments across infrastructure, debt, listed equities and private equity assets. For more information, visit www.ifminvestors.com